CADI Board makes changes
In the December meeting, the Augusta Richmond County Commissioners identified three issues with the Clean Augusta Downtown Initiative program (CADI). 1) There were 2 zones in the Business Improvement District (BID) giving one property owner a preferential rate. 2) The CADI Board was not representative of all downtown property owners. 3) The CADI Board was not easily approachable by other property owners or transparent in its operation.
In response to the commissioners' concerns, the CADI Board has made the following changes:
- The CADI Board assumed day to day operations
- Established a website (www.cadiaugusta.org) containing By Laws, Management Plan, Board Meeting Minutes and Annual and Monthly Reports. It also contains a Contact Us page on the website to encourage dialogue with the community.
- Elected a new CADI Executive Committee
- Modified the nomination and election procedures in the By Laws for new board members to allow all property owners in the BID to nominate and vote for board members at the annual property owners meeting.
- Recommended to the Commission that they amend the Managment Plan to set the assessment rate the same for all property owners.
- Scheduled regularly advertised monthly meetings at which any citizen can voice concerns and suggestions
On March 7, 2013 the CADI Board of Directors voted to amend the Bylaws and Management Plan
What do you think about bringing back CADI?